I get more indignant the longer I sit on this gentleman's ideas. Never had a moment where I could simultaneously agree and disagree more. Agree that we need to get eyes on what we say we are doing and actually do those things. Re-teaching, reading/writing across the curriculum, ect. ect. Disagree that (when used with intent) tech is a distraction. His argument was that none of us were prepared for college is weak. It's a kin to blaming my coaches for not preparing me to play division one college basketball. I had a decade of training. Was the system to blame? If the coach had only made sure I was shooting all my foul shots. Create the love of reading and writing and when the brain is ready, the kids will perform at the academic level this gentleman requires. (I feel better, thanks for the forum)
I'm the Program Specialist for Instructional Technology Services at IU12. This position has many roles including PAIU Technology Integration Mentor (TIM) for Adams, Franklin, and York Counties of PA,as well as IMS Director. Every day is extremely different and that is what makes every week a Whirlwind of a Week!
I get more indignant the longer I sit on this gentleman's ideas. Never had a moment where I could simultaneously agree and disagree more. Agree that we need to get eyes on what we say we are doing and actually do those things. Re-teaching, reading/writing across the curriculum, ect. ect. Disagree that (when used with intent) tech is a distraction. His argument was that none of us were prepared for college is weak. It's a kin to blaming my coaches for not preparing me to play division one college basketball. I had a decade of training. Was the system to blame? If the coach had only made sure I was shooting all my foul shots. Create the love of reading and writing and when the brain is ready, the kids will perform at the academic level this gentleman requires. (I feel better, thanks for the forum)
ReplyDelete