Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Flat Classroom via Twitter

Twitter Time

Those of you who know me, know that I resisted Twitter for my lack of time in my life! So, when I joined in at NECC, I appreciated the warm welcome, and I discovered the benefits rather quickly. Today, though, was the most beneficial, as I found out about Vicki Davis' workshop on Flat Classroom via twitter, and then joined the backchannel that she set up for it using Chatzy. In Chatzy is where I connected with many great people and found so many more people to add to Diigo and del.icio.us. Here's the quick list for you:

http://del.icio.us/brightideasguru

http://del.icio.us/cmatzat

http://www.diigo.com/user/coolcatteacher

http://del.icio.us/lnitsche

http://www.diigo.com/user/mrscaldwell0

http://www.diigo.com/user/lnitsche

http://del.icio.us/lauriefowler

http://www.diigo.com/user/abubnic

http://del.icio.us/n2teaching

http://www.diigo.com/profile/n2teaching

http://groups.diigo.com/groups/Ad4dcss

http://groups.diigo.com/groups/educators

http://del.icio.us/johnpeters1959

After that great sharing moment, then Vicki connected with Terry Freedman via Skype and he shared his site for his Web 2.o Project book - free to download at http://snipurl.com/2voeg.

There was so much more, but I felt it important for me to share the above information quickly and show it to others who may have been hesitant to Twitter like me.

It was still difficult justifying doing all of that when this has been my first real day in my office since NECC, but it is just one more thing that I will have to figure out to juggle in our crazy busy lives. Professional development is so important and then so is meeting the needs of the districts. One helps with the other. Unfortunately, sometimes, I have to do more managerial things first, before hopping on to fun stuff like ustream, chatzy, twitter, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment